The following is an action plan you and your family can follow to set you up to have any opportunity you desire after high school. We will revisit this plan each year, but we want to give you a game plan so feel empowered to continue making the right choices to reach the goals you have set for yourself.
What you should be doing now…
- Practice good time management and study skills to keep good grades. Use a calendar to keep track of assignments & deadlines. Staying organized helps. Remember - every class counts!
- Either get or stay involved with extracurricular activities, clubs, leadership roles and community service. These will help on college and scholarship applications and it is proven that students who are involved in school are more successful in school. And plus…they are a lot of fun!
- Look at and modify your 4–year educational plan to help you reach your goals for after high school. The counselors will help you with this through Naviance.
- Take the PSAT test in October. This is a practice test for the SAT which is one of the required 4-year college admissions tests.
- Scholarship search time! Visit the scholarship page on the MHS website, Naviance, and your counselor.
In the spring...
- Choose classes for next year that will make you eligible for admission to a 4-year college right after high school.
- Take the ASPIRE test. This is a practice test for the ACT which is one of the required 4-year college admissions tests.
- If you earned an F in a class, make sure to sign up for summer school to retake the class.