Dual and Concurrent Enrollment Information

If you have questions about the opportunities listed below, please contact Katie Ball, Counselor at Manhattan High School, West Campus. 


Concurrent Enrollment


MATC Application - Required for first time MATC students

MATC Transcript Request Form - Due to MATC by August 1, for class of 2020. 



Last day to enroll: January 17

Last day to drop with a 100% refund: January 27

Last day to drop with a 50% refund: February 3

Payment Deadline: February 3

Last Day to drop with a "W": April 10

MATC Courses Transfer Equivalency to KSU


For more information on MATC and information on other opportunities.


Dual Enrollment

This option involves students attend the college campus or take courses online for a college or university.

If students are interested in attending K-State for a course or interested in taking courses online, please contact Mrs. Ball. The Dual Credit Request form should be submitted to Mrs. Ball by April 1st for Fall and Summer, or November 1st for Spring.


Frequently Asked Questions About Concurrent Enrollment

What is concurrent enrollment? Concurrent enrollment courses are taught at the high school, by the high teachers, and students have the opportunity to earn both high school and college credits. The grade the student earns will be placed on their MHS transcript as well as the college's transcript.

How do I enroll with MATC? Complete the submit the MATC Enrollment form to Mrs. Ball at MHS-West.  Payment, if necessary, will be made directly to MATC.

What are the requirements to enroll in concurrent courses? Courses are open to 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students who have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and have good attendance.

Are there additional requirements for English Composition 1?  To be eligible to enroll in English Comp I, students must have a minimum 18 on their English ACT score, or earn a comparable score on the ACT Compass Test or the ACCUPLACER.

Are there additional requirements for College Algebra? College Algebra students must have a minimum 22 on their Math ACT, or earn a comparable score on the ACT Compass Test or the ACCUPLACER.

Do I have to purchase textbooks for these college classes? This varies by course, contact the teachers for more information. 

Will these courses transfer to another college or university?  Yes, courses will transfer from MATC to other colleges and universities.  Students need to check with the specific institutions they are considering and obtain their transfer policy. You can check K-State transfer equivalency here

What is Excel in CTE?  In the State of Kansas, a Bill was passed by the Senate to allow students to take Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses for NO COST or at a reduced rate. The cost for each course is listed with all the courses. 

How much is tuition?  MATC tuition for high school students for the 2019-2020 school year is $125/credit hour.

What if I want to add a course to my schedule?  Contact your academic counselor or see Mrs. Ball to change your course requests.