Distinguished Service Grad Program
COVID-19 Program Adjustments
For the graduating class of 2020 ONLY, we have made adjustments to the expected requirements for the Distinguished Service Graduate Program:
- Instead of needing a minimum of 100-total service hours, you will now need at least a total of 90-service hours.
- Instead of needing a minimum of at least 25-school service hours, you will now just need some combination of both school and community-based service hours as long as you have representation of both.
- You have until Friday, April 17, 2020 to submit hours on your x2Vol account.
Current 9th - 11th grade students will still need to abide by the original program requirements that are listed below. Should you have questions or concerns, please email Erin Spreer at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find current volunteer opportunities HERE.
We are now using an online tracking and reporting system for all Service hours called x2VOL that is accessible through Naviance Student. This system will allow us to eliminate our paper forms and centralize the information. x2VOL will allow students to enter their Service hours online at any time, as well as check for any volunteer opportunities and sign up for them, receive reminders about the opportunities and print a service hour log that can be used for college applications.
From this point on, all Service hours should be entered into the x2VOL system through Naviance Student.
If you have any questions or need any help please let Erin Spreer know at email@example.com .
Please follow the below instructions to register for the first time to begin logging your service hours with x2VOL.
First you must log in to your Naviance account.
1. Scroll to the bottom of the homepage and click on the x2VOL link in the blue box.
2. If you are asked to put in your Last Name and Student ID Number, please do so.
3. Complete your x2VOL profile the first time you access x2VOL.
4. Start logging your hours in x2VOL!
Here is a video on how to register and sign into x2VOL via Naviance: https://vimeo.com/152310291
Here is a video on how to sign up a volunteer opportunity: https://vimeo.com/219398118
Here is a video on how to log new hours: https://vimeo.com/152442628
Instilled with an early interest in volunteerism, our youth will continue to stay involved in their community throughout their lives. This involvement will positively impact communities and citizens.