Parents as Teachers (PAT) is a research based, award-winning early childhood program that provides FREE home based services to pregnant women and children who reside within the USD 383 boundaries.
The PAT program is designed to:
- Help parents feel more confident in their parenting role
- Enhance child development and school achievement
- Help children reach their maximum learning potential
Families enrolled in PAT receive:
- Information and guidance before birth to help prepare for becoming a parent
- Bi-weekly or monthly visits with a Family Education Partner
- Activities designed to assist them with meeting the growth and development needs of their child
- Developmental screenings to assess their child's overall development
- Assistance with setting and reaching goals for their child and family
- Opportunities to participate in family activities and socialization experiences
Call 785-587-2058 to sign up for Parents as Teachers.