**Updated 4/01/2020** These resources/information will be updated as frequently as possible. Please double check information as some organizations/businesses are changing hours, etc.!
2-1-1 is an online resource directory (also available via phone) that allows individuals in need to search for agencies that can help. Within Riley County, over 90 agencies are listed (with more being added daily). The assistance available ranges from diapers to groceries to help paying for prescriptions and utility bills and lots of other things in between. ;)
To access the directory, simply dial 2-1-1 or visit https://211kansas.bowmansystems.com/
The dial-in service is staffed 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. If someone dials 2-1-1, they simply need to enter their zip code. They will then be connected to a live operator who will help to connect them to agencies who can assist with the needs of the moment.
The website service asks you to enter your city or zip code along with keywords to describe needs (food, rent, etc.). The list then pops up with all the agencies who might be able to assist, along with a list of services the agency provides and contact information/hours of service. Of note - some of the agencies listed will not be in our area, so families will need to be cognizant of that!
- Common Table sites are making adjustments in response to concerns about the spread of the coronavirus.Visit their Facebook page for up to date information.
- Enter your zip code to find a food service near you
- The FIT Closet is currently closed to shopping and donations.
- All alternate donation drop-off locations have asked that donations halt until this crisis has passed.
- We are working with school administration and social workers to find the path forward - in hopes of continuing to help our registered families. As these plans develop, we will continue to communicate them to you.
- We have developed a community resource page on our website. If you know of resources that should be added to those listed - please send them to Tracy Emery (FIT Closet Coordinator). Her email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any residents of Manhattan, Kansas or people who work in Manhattan, Kansas are eligible to receive a grocery gift card as a part of this program. Eligibility will be determined by the following factors:
- Reduction of wages due to job status change
- Number of individuals in the household and
- Other household income available.