All New Employee Orientation has paused.

(Contact Human Resources if you have any questions.)

Prospective Employees

USD 383 Applicant Portal

Employment Opportunity

View open position listing, job descriptions and apply for a job online with Manhattan-Ogden USD 383.

There is still time to apply for the following job openings, online:

  • Teachers
  • Building Maintenance
  • Bus Drivers
  • Food Service Workers
  • Interpreters
  • Lunch Supervisors
  • Nurse 
  • Office Professionals
  • Paraeducators

New Employee Orientation

Before starting employment (including substitute teaching), all new hires are required to complete an online application attend Orientation.  Human Resources will conduct New Employee Orientation only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  We will begin promptly at 8:30 a.m. in the Human Resource Department at Robinson Education Center, 2031 Poyntz Avenue, Room 204. You will be photographed for an identification badge at this time, followed by training; please allow at least 2 1/2 hours to complete this entire process.  


Please bring acceptable document(s) for identification and work authorization purpose, along with the following items to New Employee Orientation:

  • Teaching License (Teacher or Substitute Teacher position)
  • Emergency Substitute Certificate (Substitute Teacher position)  
  • Social Security Card (for IRS purpose)
  • Tuberculosis Test, if taken within the last 3 years
  • Birth Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate (for proof of name change)
  • Official College Transcripts showing at least 48 credit hours (Paraeducator position)
  • Item for establishing Direct Deposit

(Note: See link below for acceptable documents.)

Acceptable Documents

Substitute Teaching 

In order to Substitute teach for Manhattan-Ogden USD 383, you must hold a valid Kansas Teaching License or a valid Emergency Substitute License.  Please visit our website to complete an online application, prior to attending New Employee Orientation.  (An appointment is not required, so please follow the instructions as outlined for New Employee Orientation, which is listed in the above paragraph.) 

(Please visit Kansas State Department of Education's website at and click on "Licensure", to receive complete details on obtaining your License.)