Wondering how to get your organization's information to our students/parents?
- USD 383 has created this community events page where we will list opportunities available for kids and families in the Manhattan and Ogden area. Events must be directly related to Kindergarten - grade 12 students and families.
On Wednesdays of each week, we will send an email out to all email addresses we have on file through our website e-notification system with a link to this page so parents can view the opportunities. We will only send this email out one time a week. We will run the announcement for two weeks before removing it unless it is approved to stay longer.
Please email a link to your organization's website and information and we will create the link from your information to our website. If the information is not available through a link electronically, email a copy of the flyer/poster in PDF format to Tess Riecke or Michele Jones by Tuesdays at 5pm. Information sent after 5 p.m. on Tuesdays will be saved for the next week. Once approved, it will be added to the list of opportunities. We will either link to the flyer/poster you provide or link to the website that you provide.
- We no longer accept paper flyers/posters for events for distribution through our schools. Please do not bring paper flyers/posters to our schools. If flyers are brought to the school, they will be recycled.
- The first email for the 2019-2020 school year will be sent the week of August 26 and the final email for the school year will be sent the week of May 4. No emails will be sent during the weeks of November 25, December 16, December 23, December 30, and March 9. No emails will be sent out during the summer months.
- Join the Riley County Health Department for a family -friendly and fun flu shot clinic!
- Head over to College Heights Baptist Church for some Halloween fun on Oct. 31 6-8 p.m.
- Military families are encouraged to get their flu shots at the listed clinics on the flyer that are TRICARE-authorized retailers.
- Grab your costume and enjoy crafts, treats, and trick or treating on Oct. 29 from 6-8 p.m.
- high-school students grades 9-12 are invited to experience a day-in-the-life of a K-State student! High schoolers with an interest in STEM majors will be paired with a current K-State student with similar interests. Together, they will attend classes, tour campus, and share lunch at the K-State Union. Fall shadow dates are October 2, October 16 and November 6, 2019.
- Head to Manhattan Town Center for some indoor trick-or-treating on Oct. 31 from 5:30 -7:30 p.m.
- Join in the fun and educational Halloween activities on Oct. 27 from 1-3 p.m.
Veteran's Day Essay and Poster Contest
- The poster contest is open to grades 3-6 only. Deadline is Oct. 31 at 4 p.m. Please read the entire packet for full rules.
- The essay contest is open to Middle and High school students (separate forms). The deadline is Oct. 31 at 4 p.m.
- If you meet the income criteria, sign-ups for a Thanksgiving/Christmas food basket begins on Oct. 8.
- AMC Theaters is offering movie times for adults and kids that are sensory friendly.
Kansas 4-H and the K-State Institute for Civic Discourse and Democracy invite youth citizens to use their leadership and communication skills to learn how to have tough conversations that matter on Oct. 26.
- Head to Goodnow Hall front lawn or the Boyd/Putnam/Van Zile courtyard for trick-or-treating on Monday, Oct. 28.
- Meet the Makers Festival at Prairiewood, a fun afternoon featuring local and regional makers, artists and musicians.
- October 27th, from 3-7pm
- Walking trails will be open to explore, and an evening campfire provided with s'mores. Parking and admission are free. Food and drink sales on site.
- Open Trail Days at Prairiewood
- November 3, 1-dusk
- Head to the Lazy T Ranch on Oct. 25 and 26 for nature hikes and more. There will not be any guided/assisted activities available--enjoy nature with your family!
- Manhattan Arts Center - Live Theatre, Live Music, Gallery, Classes & More
- Offering classes in art, music, clay, and drama. Scholarships available.
- Community School for the Performing Arts
- Offering private lessons, classes, and workshops. Scholarships available.
- Check out all workshops at Wonder Workshop this month.
- Check out the events at MPL.
- Tickets are $15 per person.
- Join the fun at Westloop Shopping Center on Oct. 31.
- October 25 from 3pm-5pm in the Aggieville District, with the Homecoming parade to follow at 5 pm.
- Open to all 5th and 6th graders!
- Head to First Lutheran Church at 903 Poyntz for some Trunk-or-Treating on Oct. 30.