Wondering how to get your organization's information to our students/parents?
- USD 383 has created this community events page where we will list opportunities available for kids and families in the Manhattan and Ogden area. Events must be directly related to Kindergarten - grade 12 students and families.
On Wednesdays of each week, we will send an email out to all email addresses we have on file through our website e-notification system with a link to this page so parents can view the opportunities. We will only send this email out one time a week. We will run the announcement for two weeks before removing it unless it is approved to stay longer.
Please email a link to your organization's website and information and we will create the link from your information to our website. If the information is not available through a link electronically, email a copy of the flyer/poster in PDF format to Tess Riecke or Michele Jones by Tuesdays at 5pm. Information sent after 5 p.m. on Tuesdays will be saved for the next week. Once approved, it will be added to the list of opportunities. We will either link to the flyer/poster you provide or link to the website that you provide.
- We no longer accept paper flyers/posters for events for distribution through our schools. Please do not bring paper flyers/posters to our schools. If flyers are brought to the school, they will be recycled.
- The first email for the 2019-2020 school year will be sent the week of August 26 and the final email for the school year will be sent the week of May 4. No emails will be sent during the weeks of November 25, December 16, December 23, December 30, and March 9. No emails will be sent out during the summer months.
- Saturday, Feb. 15 marks the 200th anniversary of Susan B. Anthony's birthday and to celebrate, Riley County Historical Museum will have a letter written by Anthony and an original cabinet photograph. This exhibit runs Feb. 11-18 and the museum is open Tuesday-Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. and on Saturday-Sunday, 2-5 p.m.
- Open to high school students, EXCITE Shadow Days are a chance to learn more about the STEM disciplines available at K-State. Students are paired with a current undergraduate majoring in a field of shared interest. Together they attend class, tour campus, share lunch, and discuss what its like to be a college student. The mission of EXCITE Shadow Days is to increase girls' interest in STEM fields. While most of our participants are girls, these programs are open to any student grades 9-12.
- Second EXCITE Shadow day is February 26. Please register by Feb. 12.
MHS Musical tickets for sale
- Tickets for the annual MHS Musical are for sale. This year's musical is "A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder," and is rated PG. Get the tickets in the main office or call 785-587-2100. Opening night is Thursday, Feb. 20.
- Please call 785-776-6363 by Weds. Feb. 18 to reserve a time.
- Support the MHS Robotics Club by dining at Chipotle on Monday, Feb. 17 from 4 - 8 p.m. Let them know you are supporting the fundraiser and 33% of the proceeds will be donated to the club.
February 4 - April 14, 6:30 PM to 8 PM. Learn basic Sign Language with an emphasis on ASL (American Sign Language) in a fun and safe environment. You should leave the class feeling comfortable having a basic conversation with a deaf person. All ages welcome. Spiral-bound book is included in class fee.
- The KSU Department of Kinesiology is conducting a study to learn more about how kids between ages 6-18 view recreational activities such as physical activity. Visit https://www.hhs.k-state.edu/kines/labs/kids-chat/index.html for more information and to sign up.
- Join other community members for conversations about Manhattan on Monday, Feb. 24 from 7-9:30 p.m.
- Fathers, Daughters, Grandfathers, or anyone with a special girl is invited to spend an afternoon full of music, dancing, refreshments, desserts, photos, and more on Feb. 16 from 3-5 p.m.
- Check out the events at MPL.
- Manhattan Arts Center - Live Theatre, Live Music, Gallery, Classes & More
- Offering classes in art, music, clay, and drama. Scholarships available.
- Community School for the Performing Arts
- Offering private lessons, classes, and workshops. Scholarships available.