Update - 3/18/2020
We will no longer be updating this page. We want to encourage families to follow the guidelines of practicing social distancing and staying home. If you have a community resource (food service, clothing drive, etc) that you want to advertise, please email email@example.com the information and it will be added to our Community Resources page under our COVID-19 information.
Wondering how to get your organization's information to our students/parents?
- USD 383 has created this community events page where we will list opportunities available for kids and families in the Manhattan and Ogden area. Events must be directly related to Kindergarten - grade 12 students and families.
On Wednesdays of each week, we will send an email out to all email addresses we have on file through our website e-notification system with a link to this page so parents can view the opportunities. We will only send this email out one time a week. We will run the announcement for two weeks before removing it unless it is approved to stay longer.
Please email a link to your organization's website and information and we will create the link from your information to our website. If the information is not available through a link electronically, email a copy of the flyer/poster in PDF format to Tess Riecke or Michele Jones by Tuesdays at 5pm. Information sent after 5 p.m. on Tuesdays will be saved for the next week. Once approved, it will be added to the list of opportunities. We will either link to the flyer/poster you provide or link to the website that you provide.
- We no longer accept paper flyers/posters for events for distribution through our schools. Please do not bring paper flyers/posters to our schools. If flyers are brought to the school, they will be recycled.
- The first email for the 2019-2020 school year will be sent the week of August 26 and the final email for the school year will be sent the week of May 4. No emails will be sent during the weeks of November 25, December 16, December 23, December 30, and March 9. No emails will be sent out during the summer months.
- Free lunch will be available during Spring Break (March 6 and 9-13) from 11:30 - 12:30 at Ogden Elementary and Lee Elementary for anyone ages 1-18.
- Open to high school students, EXCITE Shadow Days are a chance to learn more about the STEM disciplines available at K-State. Students are paired with a current undergraduate majoring in a field of shared interest. Together they attend class, tour campus, share lunch, and discuss what its like to be a college student. The mission of EXCITE Shadow Days is to increase girls' interest in STEM fields. While most of our participants are girls, these programs are open to any student grades 9-12.
- Third EXCITE Shadow day is March 25. Please register by March 11.
- Fourth EXCITE Shadow day is April 1. Please register by March 18.
- Foxhole Paintball and Airsoft will be open March 11 form 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. with special rental rates to celebrate Spring Break.
- Please join us for a $5 All-You-Can-Eat Pancake Breakfast to raise funds to help with medical expenses for Melissa and Matt Corbin. Melissa works at Woodrow Wilson in food services and Matt worked for the city until his illness. For more information on ticket purchases, please contact Katrina Marshall at (913)660-3254 or Andrea Fields at (785)587-2170.
- Enrollment opens on March 15.
Northview residents are invited to come together for Northview Neighborhood Night Thursday, March 5th from 6-8:30pm at the Vineyard Church at 2400 Casement Road. Food and childcare will be provided and accessible for spanish speaking residents.
Meet the Makers at Flint Hills Discovery Center
- This year marks the 5th Annual Meet the Makers! Each day (March 9-13), different local creators, crafters, and makers will present live demonstrations of their work from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM in the first floor atrium of the Flint Hills Discovery Center. Interact with the artists, ask questions and see their work come to life! This event is free and open to the public. Please Note: Those wishing to explore beyond the atrium must pay the general admission fee. The full schedule of artists and demonstrations can be found at https://www.flinthillsdiscovery.org/186/Meet-the-Makers
- Attend the free public forum at 7 p.m. on March 9. Dinner will be served at 6 p.m. and costs $25 per plate.
- Please call 785-776-6363 by Tuesday, March 17 to reserve a time.
- Anyone interested in being part of FrogWatch must attend all one of three training sessions and attend all the dates of a training session.
- Training Session #2 (14+) // March 19, March 26, April 2 // 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Open to any youth in grades 4-6 who would like to learn more about lawn mowing, mower safety, and the business of lawn care on Thursday, March 5 from 4:30-6:45 p.m.
- Check out the events at MPL.
- Manhattan Arts Center - Live Theatre, Live Music, Gallery, Classes & More
- Offering classes in art, music, clay, and drama. Scholarships available.