Welcome Guest (Sign in)
Sunday, May 19, 2013 7:06:05 AM
2013-2014 Transfer Request Forms
The Board of Education has determined the following Kindergarten – Grade 6 (K-6) transfer policy be implemented for the 2013-14 school year:
Resident Student (In-District) Transfers
1. Children of district employees who are employed in the building.
2. Children who have unique individual needs, such as child care before and after school.
3. Children who have transferred in previous years with successful attendance etc.; the longer the attendance at the building, the higher the priority. (A student's attendance time at their assigned building prior to redistricting would not be considered as years in attendance at their former building under this provision; only students who previously transferred.)
4. All other in-district transfers, including students changing schools due to redistricting.
Non-Resident Student (Out-of-District) Transfers
5. Children of district employees.
6. Children who have transferred in previous years with successful attendance etc. The longer the attendance in USD 383, the higher the priority.
7. All other out-of-district transfers.
After these considerations are applied, transfer requests will be reviewed on a first-come basis.
Parents of a middle school student who participates in athletics should check with the building principal to see if the transfer will result in loss of the student's athletic eligibility for 18 weeks.
To initiate a transfer request:
1) notify the principal of your child's assigned school that you will be requesting a transfer to another school;
2) complete the form
3) send the completed form to:
Students requesting a transfer are required to enroll in their assigned school. Please remember that TRANSFER REQUESTS MUST BE SUBMITTED ANNUALLY. Transfer requests will be accepted beginning April 15, 2013. All requests will be acted upon after enrollment has been completed and class sizes have been determined. Parent notification will not occur prior to August 9, 2013 . All records will be forwarded to the receiving school if the transfer is approved.
Parents are responsible for providing transportation for their child(ren) to and from school. Transportation is not provided by the school district for voluntary transfer students.
Dr. Robert Shannon