History of Marlatt Elementary School

Print
Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Marlatt School was named in honor of Washington Marlatt.  He lived from 1829 to 1909. He was the founder of Bluemont College which was later donated to Kansas State University when it was decided to establish a land grant college here in Manhattan.

The original Marlatt Elementary School opened in 1961.  In 1967, an east wing was added.  Another addition in 1985 included a south wing and a library.  In 2012, the entire school was remodeled and also enlarged, adding an additional 23,568 square feet.