Parents as Teachers is an award winning, early childhood program that supports families and teaches parents about how their children grow and learn. The USD 383 Manhattan-Ogden Parents as Teachers program is free and available to families who reside within the USD 383 School District. Parents as Teachers utilizes a research based curriculum to provide home visits to pregnant mothers and families with children ages birth to three. A smaller program is available to qualifying children ages three to kindergarten entry.
Parents as Teachers provides families with:
- Monthly home visits with a certified Parents Educator.
- Developmental, social-emotional, hearing, vision and health screenings.
- Group Connections with other parents to share experiences and discuss topics of interest.
- Playgroup 4 days a week, plus one evening and one Saturday per month in Manhattan.
- A weekly playgroup in Ogden.
- A Toy and Book Lending Library, where families can check out children’s books, age-appropriate toys and parenting information.
- Special events and connections to activities and resources in our community.
- Monthly newsletters with notifications of upcoming events and relevant parenting topics.
Playgroup and Lending Library Schedule
Manhattan: Playgroup meets Monday-Thursday from 9:30 – 11:15 a.m. in room 130 of the Riley County Family and Child Resource Center located at 2101 Claflin Road, Manhattan.
- Monday – Birth to 24 months
- Tuesday- Birth to 3 years
- Wednesday – Birth to 5 years
- Thursday – Birth to 5 years
- Friday – CLOSED -
- Saturday – Birth to 5 years -- Playgroup meets the second Saturday of the month.
Ogden: Playgroup meets Tuesday mornings from 9:30 - 11:30am at the Ogden Community Center. This playgroup is for children ages birth to 5 years.