School nurses focus both on population health and individual health. Well-being for students and families are served through health education, modeling of healthy lifestyle choices and school-based management of chronic diseases. School nurses are healthcare connectors among providers, parents and communities, working to bolster student attendance and wellness. Quality school health services demand school nursing skills and practices based on strongest scientific evidence, and school nurses engage in continuous updating of knowledge and skills to best serve student needs.
USD 383 employes 9 school nurses that serve our schools.
- USD 383 participates in the Kansas Immunization Program through the Kansas Department of Health and Environment. The Kansas Immunization Program is committed to keeping Kansans free of vaccine preventable diseases.
- 2017-2018 Kansas School Immunization Requirements - KDHE
- 2017-2018 Kansas School Immunizations Checklist - English
- 2017-2018 Kansas School Immunizations Checklist - Spanish
- If your child is injured at school, the child should go to the nurse's office and the nurse will do necessary treatment or alert parents if further treatment is necessary. A claim form will be filled out and sent to the parents. The parents need to fill out the bottom portion and send to Student Assurance within 90 days of injury. A copy of the form is available in the school office and available below. If parents do not receive the form within two weeks of the injury, they need to call the school. The injury must be treated within 60 days.
- If your child requires medication - prescription or nonprescription - during school hours, you must complete and return the appropriate medication consent form.
- If your child has allergies, requires a special diet or needs the school meal to be modified due to a medical condition, please complete the form below and return it to your student's school nurse.
- Below are links to the Elementary and Secondary Health Information forms. Please review and update your child's health history if needed. This form should be returned to your student's school nurse.