The Human Resources Department of Manhattan-Ogden USD 383 is committed to serving the district workforce from the time of recruitment and selection through the day that someone leaves employment with the district. Our responsibilities focus on:
- Ensuring that employment vacancies are posted and the selection process is completed.
- Providing information and administrating the Section 125 Program and the health insurance plans.
- Promoting Health and Wellness throughout the district.
- The Kansas Public Employee Retirement System - from enrollment to retirement.
- District and Individual retirement plans.
- Assist with certification issues with the Kansas State Department of Education.
- On-The-Job-Safety and Workers Compensation, when necessary.
- Leave request and Short-Term Disability .
- While payroll is not part of the HR department, we work together to ensure proper and timely compensation.
- Workplace policies and procedures and assist with workplace concerns.
The Human Resources Department strives to provide accurate and timely information and services that allow all of our colleagues to focus their attention and energy on their very important responsibilities each and every day.
Andrew Turner, Human Resources Director
Lisa Rohr, Human Resources Specialist
Charlotte Moore, Human Resources Specialist
Alana Griffin, Human Resources Specialist
Jeddah Ortega, Human Resources Specialist
The District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
New Employee Orientation
Before starting employment (including substitute teaching), all new hires are required to complete an online application attend Orientation. Human Resources will conduct New Employee Orientation only on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. We will begin promptly at 8:30 a.m. in the Human Resource Department at Robinson Education Center, 2031 Poyntz Avenue, Room 204. You will be photographed for an identification badge at this time, followed by training; please allow at least 2 1/2 hours to complete this entire process.
Please bring acceptable document(s) for identification and work authorization purpose, along with the following items to New Employee Orientation:
- Teaching License (Teacher or Substitute Teacher position)
- Emergency Substitute Certificate (Substitute Teacher position)
- Social Security Card (for IRS purpose)
- Tuberculosis Test, if taken within the last 3 years
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate (for proof of name change)
- Official College Transcripts showing at least 48 credit hours (Paraeducator position)
- Item for establishing Direct Deposit
(Note: See link below for acceptable documents.)
In order to Substitute teach for Manhattan-Ogden USD 383, you must hold a valid Kansas Teaching License or a valid Emergency Substitute License. Please visit our website to complete an online application, prior to attending New Employee Orientation. (An appointment is not required, so please follow the instructions as outlined for New Employee Orientation, which is listed in the above paragraph.)
(Please visit Kansas State Department of Education's website at KSDE.org and click on"Licensure", to receive complete details on obtaining your License.)
Injured at Work?
Please contact your Supervisor immediately then call Human Resources at 785-587-2000 to report the injury. See additional information below, guiding you to a safe and efficient working environment.
Family and Medical Leave
FMLA requires covered employers to provide up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave to eligible employees for the following reasons:
- For incapacity due to pregnancy, prenatal medical care or child birth.
- To care for the employee’s child after birth, or placement for adoption or foster care;
- To care for the employee’s spouse, son or daughter, or parent, who has a serious health condition; or
- For a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the employee’s job.