Online Registration for 2019-2020 school year will start on July, 15 2019.
Online Registration for 2019-2020 school year is OPEN starting July 15, 2019.
Parents of returning students are encourage to complete online registration by August 2nd. Parents of new students in grades K-12 may enroll online anytime using the same steps below. (Preschool, Head Start, Manhattan Virtual Academy students must contact those programs directly for registration information)
- Online Registration – All new and returning families must complete the online registration process. Click the link below to get started. If you have technical questions concerning online registration, please contact Sandy Steck at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 785-587-2008. https://pportal.usd383.org/OLR/begin.php
Attention: Families of returning students, there have been some changes to the Parent Portal. Once you login to the Portal, you will need to go to “More” to find the Online Registration button.
New Families - Once your online registration application has been processed, you will receive a follow-up email with further instructions on creating a Parent Portal account. Fees in the Parent Portal are typically available 24 hours after the approval email is sent.
2. Apply Free/Reduced Lunch (Optional) - The online free/reduced lunch application is available online, please visit https://frlunch.usd383.org/ For more information about Free/Reduced lunch of the food service program, please see the “Food Service” page.
3. Pay Enrollment Fees - Please go to the Parent Portal and click on “Fees” listed in the menu to pay fees. (See screenshot below) Accepted payment types include Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or eCheck. If you applied for Free/Reduced Lunch, please wait for notification on application status before paying enrollment fees. Fees are typically adjusted 24 to 48 hours after status approval. Do not proceed with online payment until fees have been adjusted. Parents choosing not to use online payment may pay at Central Enrollment (Friday, July 26 from 7am – 7pm at Manhattan High School West Campus, 2100 Poyntz Ave) or at the student’s school starting July 29th.
4. Add Lunch Money - In order to add lunch money, you will need to establish an account with My Payment Plus
School Supply Lists for 2019-2020
Additional Enrollment Information
1. Age Requirements:
Kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before August 31 of the year in which they want to enroll. First grade students must be 6 years old on or before August 31 of the year in which they want to enroll; OR have attended an accredited kindergarten, according to Kansas Statute K.S.A. 72-1107 which defines entrance requirements.
2. New students to the district and all kindergarten students will need to provide the following documents:
* Child Health Assessment (physical examination) - Children age 8 or under, enrolling in a Kansas school for the first time, will be required to present results of a Child Health Assessment to have been completed within 12 months of school entry or within 90 days after school entry . This also applies to preschool children entering school for the first time. Parents are strongly encouraged to make appointments early for completion of the Health Assessment prior to the 1st day of school.
* Kansas Certificate of Immunization Card (KCI)
* Grade cards, certified transcript or similar record or data from previous school (not for kindergarten students)
* Proof of identity (Birth Certificate, Passport, Driver's License)
* Social Security Number
Any student entering school for the first time shall by required to present certification from a licensed physician that he/she has received all immunizations as required by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment. Students who have not completed their required immunizations may enroll and attend school if they have received the most recent appropriate vaccine in all required series.
Failure to complete all required immunizations in a timely manner shall result in exclusion from school until the student has complied with the requirements. The parent or guardian of the student will be given notice of the exclusion and the conditions under which the student may return to school.
A student may be excused from the requirements of he/she provides a signed certificate from a licensed physician stating that his/her physical condition is such that the inoculations would endanger his/her life. In cases of religious opposition, a written statement to that effect signed by one parent is required.
For more information on the State of Kansas immunization requirements, contact a school nurse, the Manhattan/Riley County Health Department (776-4779) or the Kansas Department of Health and Environment website at http://www.kdhe.state.ks.us/immunize/index.html
4 . Interscholastic Sports/Activities for grades 7-12
Middle school and high school student participating in interscholastic activities (i.e. sports, cheerleading, drill team) are required by the Kansas State High School Activities Association (http://www.kshsaa.org/) to have a current physical examination completed prior to the first day of practice and not before May 1st of the previous school year. KSHSAA Physical Examination forms are available in the middle schools and the high school office.
5 . Textbook/Material Fees for the 2019-2020 school year:
The State of Kansas authorizes school districts to collect fees for the rental of textbooks. This fee is collected at the time of enrollment or arrangements for payment can be made during enrollment. Textbook fees will be adjusted for families who qualify for assistance under the federal income eligibility guidelines for the present school year.
Regular Fees Reduced Meal Fees Free Meal Fees
Grades K-6 $90.00 $45.00 $30.00
Grades 7-8 $97.00 $49.00 $33.00
Grades 9-12 $98.00 $50.00 $34.00
- Online Pay - Transaction Fee if using online payment option when registering student(s): $4.00
- Student Planner
- Grades 7-8: $5.00
- Grades 9-12: $6.00
- Grades 7 - 8: $5.00
- Grades 9 - 12: $5.00
- Aulos Recorders: $8.00
4th grade only
- Middle School Yearbook: $10.00
- MHS Yearbook: $76.00 (until 12/31)
- MHS Drivers Education: Full $227.00 Reduced $113.50 Free $76.00
- MHS Parking Permit: $75.00
- MHS Activity Ticket: $30.00
- MHS Digital Photography: $10.00/semester
- MHS Calculator Rental: Full $25.00 Reduced $12.50 Free $8.25
6. Food Service
Free and reduced price meals are provided for students who qualify. An application for free or reduced meals must be submitted each year to the school your child attends. Only one application is needed for each family, and all information is kept confidential.
Meal tickets may be purchased at any time for any amount. Payments must be kept current and refunds are available to parents or guardians by request. Food Service is offering an incentive program for parent/guardians to prepay meal tickets - receive an additional $2.50 for each $50.00 prepaid per student.
Meal prices for the 2019-2020 school year - regular
Student Breakfast - $1.65 (elementary and secondary)
Elementary Lunch - $2.75
Secondary Lunch - $2.90
Meal prices for the 2019-2020 school year - reduced
Student breakfast - $.30 cents (elem. and sec.)
Student lunch - $.40 cents (elem. and sec.)