Wondering about how to get your organization's information to our students/parents?
- USD 383 has created this community events page where we will list opportunities available for kids and families in the Manhattan and Ogden area. Events must be directly related to Kindergarten - grade 12 students and families.
On Wednesdays of each week, we will send an email out to all email addresses we have on file through our website e-notification system with a link to that page so parents can view the opportunities. We will only send this email out one time a week.
Please email a link to your organization's website and information and we will create the link from your information to our website. If the information is not available through a link electronically, email a copy of the flyer/poster in PDF format to Michele Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesdays at 5pm. Once approved, it will be added to the list of opportunities. We will either link to the flyer/poster you provide or link to a website that you provide.
- We no longer accept paper flyers/posters for events for distribution through our schools. Please do not bring paper flyers/posters to our schools. If flyers are brought to the school, they will be recycled.
- No emails will be sent during the weeks of November 19, December 17, December 24, December 31, March 11. No emails will be sent out during the summer months. The first email for the 2018-2019 school year will be sent on August 22 and the final email for the school year will be sent on May 15th.
October 17, 2018
- Why will building an elementary school on the east side of USD 383 benefit all elementary schools?
- Currently, several buildings are experiencing overcrowded classrooms and growing teacher/ student ratios. A new elementary school would free up space for other buildings when new boundary lines are drawn. When the current nine elementary zones grow to ten, we should have fewer children in each district and thus will be able to improve class size ratios across the district. This may also open up internal transfer options within our district and allow greater options for our families.
- Who pays for the operating expenses of a new school? What is included in bond/what is not included?
- The additional operating expenses for all new spaces including a new elementary school would be raised through our normal budgeting process, which is based on student count information. The district is planning and preparing for this addition when it takes place. The bond money cannot pay for operating expenses and cannot pay for staff to serve students. Bond money can pay for construction process, furniture, technology, and other capital items.
- How many elementary students are bused from Blue Township daily?
- Last year, the district bused in approximately 650 students from the Blue Township area. Almost 400 of those students were in grades K-6. While the numbers can change from grade level year by year, the district has seen a strong trend upward in the number of students in this area of the district.
- Fun Dancing and theatre stations with snacks provided
- K- 6th grade kids
- Oct. 19, 1 - 5pm at MHS West Campus
- Cost - $20/child, $10 per additional child
- Permission Slip
- The Manhattan High journalism students are doing a fundraiser at the Manhattan IHOP on Monday, Oct. 22 to help pay for our trip to the national conference in November.
Please RSVP to our event and come have some breakfast for supper on Oct. 22!
- October 25 * 2 - 7pm
- Pottorf Hall, Cico Park
- Bring your insurance card!
- The screening will include vision, hearing, dental, general health and developmental milestones.
for children ages birth to 5 years
October 23, 4 - 6pm, Theodore Roosevelt Elementary School, 1401 Houston
- Indoor Trick or Treating for kids 12 and under
- October 31
- 5:30 - 7:30pm (while supplies last)
- KSU Society of Women Engineers will host an event for 6th - 12th date girls to expose young women to STEM fields of study.
- December 1 * 9am - 3pm
- 1046 Rathbone, K-State
- A chance for those interested in a cosmetology career to win scholarship money and have a great learning experience while participating!
- Sat Nov 10th, 2018 * 9:30am-4:30pm (lunch is provided)
- Hair styling & make-up mini classes in the morning. Bring your own model and create an inspired look in the afternoon.
- $100 in Bellus Gift Certificates for each participant! Gift bags for all models.
- Sign-up though Instagram by posting hair, make-up or nail art creations at #bellusrawtalent18
- Must be 16 or older.
- NO COST! Sign-up soon, spots are limited!
- Call 785-370-7254 for additional information
- Saturday, Oct 27th
- 7:30 - 10:00am
- Sunday, Oct. 28 * 1 - 3pm
- Spooky and educational!
- KSU College of Veterinary Medicine
- October 22 from 6 - 8pm at the Manhattan Fire Department, 2000 Denison Ave.
- $15 registration
- Presented by Stepping Stones Child Advocacy Center and Katie's Way
- October 19, 20, 26, 27 * 7 - 10:30pm
- Foxhole Paintball, 2311 Upham Rd, Junction City
- INVITING ALL LITTLE MONSTERS – OCTOBER 20th 5:00-8:00pm Registration is open and limited for this exciting monstrous party in the WILD! Packed with fun outdoor adventure to engage families and kids, Wildwood and our community health partners provide music, hiking, treats, games, bonfires, story-telling, imagination and SO MUCH MORE. Let’s get wild!
- Registration is $10 per Trick-n-Treater and FREE for parents/guardians and includes a MONSTER BAG. Please note that there will be moderate hiking and trails are beautiful but not stroller-friendly. See you on the 20th!
- Register online at: MHKADVENTURES.com/MONSTERBASH Or call Wildwood Adventures for more information at: (785) 477-5943
- Activities and events for Oct. 18 - 24
- 4 - 6 grade hangout, Canteen, Chess Club/Game Night
- Join Kappa Kappa Gamma for Trunk or Treat
- Sunday, Oct. 21 from 6:30 - 7:30pm
- Manhattan Public Library, 629 Poyntz Ave.
Bewitching in Westloop
- The annual Bewitching in Westloop treat trail will be held once again in the Westloop Shopping Center. All young people are invited to dress in costume and receive treats from the Westloop businesses and friends of Westloop. The trail begins in front of Bellus Academy where FREE treat trail maps will be available. The map, once checked off by all the treat sponsors, will serve as entry into drawing for many prizes.
There will be over 25 treat stops along the trail at Westloop. A costume contest with prizes will be held at 6pm in front of Bellus Academy.
Bewitching in Westloop will be held Wednesday, October 31 from 4pm – 6:30pm in the Westloop Shopping Center.
- Check out the awesome opportunities during this fall at the Beach!
- Friday, October 26 * 6 - 9pm
- University Christian Church KidZone
- The event is a fall costume party - wear your favorite costume!
Last week to register - enroll by Oct 8! A wonderful and fun introduction to strings! For ages 4-12, tuition can include the violin. Scholarships for students who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch. Instructor: Dr. Laura Eakman; Ages: 4-12
Day: Mondays; Dates: thru Dec 10 (no class Nov 19)register here: https://campscui.active.com/orgs/ManhattanArtsCenter#/selectSessions/2461105
Times: Beg A 4:15-4:45, Beg B 4:50-5:20, Int A 5:25-5:55, Int B 6:00-6:30
Cost: $120 (with violin rental) per semester/ $90 (without violin rental) per semester.
Other after-school classes: Scholarships available for school-age students who qualify for free or reduced lunch.
- After School Clay - Begins Oct 30-Dec 11
- You & Me Clay (kid age 4+ & an adult): Sat, Oct 20, 2:30 pm—$35 per pair
- Families Clay (up to 4 people): Sat, Nov 3, 10-12—$40 per family
- Students ages 14+ are eligible for our adult art classes: Scholarships available for school-age students who qualify for free or reduced lunch.
Pastels, Oil Pastels & Charcoal - Nov 7-Dec 19
Mixed Level Wheel - Oct 29-Dec 10
Mixed Level Handbuilding - Nov 1-Dec 13
- Community School for the Performing Art - Offering classes, workshops & private lessons! Scholarships available for school-age students who qualify for free or reduced lunch.
- Piano Class for Beginners - open to ages 5-7 - meets Tuesdays 6-7, Begins Oct 16 - Final day to register - Thurs, Oct 11!
- Fun with Garage Band App, for grades 7-12, Begins Oct 16 - Final day to register - Thurs, Oct 11 !
- Acting Class - Creating a Character, ages 14+, Sundays, Oct 7- Nov 4
- Theatre Scene Painting - Scenic Art & Faux Finish Tech, Ages 14+, Saturdays, Nov 3 &10