Wondering about how to get your organization's information to our students/parents?
- USD 383 has created this community events page where we will list opportunities available for kids and families in the Manhattan and Ogden area. Events must be directly related to Kindergarten - grade 12 students and families.
- Events will remain on the page for 2 weeks and/or will be deleted after the event.
On Wednesdays of each week, we will send an email out to all email addresses we have on file through our website e-notification system with a link to that page so parents can view the opportunities. We will only send this email out one time a week.
Please email a copy of the flyer/poster in PDF format to Michele Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesdays at 5pm. Once approved, it will be added to the list of opportunities. We will either link to the flyer/poster you provide or link to a website that you provide.
- We will no longer accept paper flyers/posters for events for distribution through our schools. Please do not bring paper flyers/posters to our schools. If flyers are brought and left with the school, they will be recycled.
- No emails will be sent during the weeks of November 20, December 18, December 25, January 1, March 19. No emails will be sent out during the summer months.
April 25, 2018
- Enrollment is Open - a few spots are still open -- call Diane Daniel at 587-2000!
- for students that will be completing grades 5 - 8
- Mornings during the month of June at Kansas State University
USD 383 Facilities Survey
Manhattan-Ogden Community – below is a link to a facilities survey being conducted by Patron Insights. This is the same survey that is also being conducted through a phone survey of area residents. We ask that you only take the survey one time. You will need about 10 minutes to complete the survey. You must complete the survey in one sitting.
America's Got Special Talent
The Interpersonal Skills class at Manhattan High School, cordially invite you to America's Got Special Talent. This performance showcases a wide variety of talent from students and members of the community with special needs. Please join us Thursday, April 26 - 7:00 p.m. - Rezac Auditorium at MHSW. Admission is by donation, and the money will go to the Fit Closet. Hope to see you there!
- Spring Meeting is Saturday, May 5, 10:00 a.m. at Varsity Donuts in Aggieville
- Meet the new coaches and captains
- Uniform orders
- Fundraising goals and materials will be shared
- Summer play information will be made available
- If you can’t be there, contact Michella Jackson at 565-2459 or Kim McAtee at 565-1593
- 100% of sales will be used to support the Compassion Courtyard project at MHS
- All shirts are $15
- Questions? Contact Rachel Fontenot at email@example.com
- Fundamental skill development for all ages and talent levels (camp is for boys only)
- June 25 - 28 at MHS West Campus
- grade 1 - 8
- Stresses fundamentals of Manhattan football - emphasis is on overall knowledge and skills of the game
- This football camp is for students who plan to enrolled in grades 2 - 6 during the 2018-2019 school year
- July 24 and 25 at MHS practice fields
- June 11 - August 2
- MHS West Campus Fitness Center
- times available for middle school students through high school seniors
- Sponsored by University Christian Church's High School Ministry
- Saturday, May 5 from 12:30 - 4:30pm
- City Auditorium
- May 5 from 10am - Noon
- College of Business Administration, KSU
- CoderDojo is a global non-profit created to help youth learn to code.
LIBRARY CARD DAY, April 28 from 10 AM - 2 PM
Junior League of the Flint Hills sponsors Library Card Day from 10:00-2:00. Kids can get a free book by showing that they have their own library card. Parents, check the library website for information about how to get a library card for your child. You can fill out the online registration form ahead of time. Suggested for preschoolers through 6th graders.
- More information at www.mhklibrary.org.
- Saturday, April 28 * 10am - Noon
- Manhattan City Park
- Come join us for family-friendly event and learn how to be happier and healthier during early parenthood. There will be fun for kids (bounce house, games, activities) and for parents. This is an opportunity to build community and collaborate to make MHK an even better place to be a parent.
Camp MAC Summer Arts Day Camp is open for enrollment. Camps in art, clay, and drama. One-week and two-week camps. Half-day and Full-day options. Scholarships available. Register online at www.manhattanarts.org or stop by M-F 12-5:30, 1520Poyntz Ave. 785-537-4420.
- Mr. Stinky Feet - Saturday, May 19, 2pm Jim Cosgrove brings his fun, energetic show to MAC that will get the whole family movin' and groovin'. Tickets available online or at MAC. www.manhattanarts.org or stop by M-F 12-5:30, 1520Poyntz Ave. 785-537-4420.
- April 28 - MLB Pitch, Hit and Run after KSU baseball game
- free for kids ages 7 - 14
- Tointon Family Stadium
Riley County 4-H
The next meeting of the Riley County 4-H STEM Club will be Tuesday, May 8 from 5:30-7:00 pm at Pottorf Hall in Cico Park. As with the last STEM meeting, we encourage parents to participate, especially with younger 4-Hers. Participation is and will always be 100% free, but we do ask that you register through the link below so we can group accordingly. Registration can be found online at http://www.riley.ksu.edu under “events” on the landing page or by visiting May STEM club registration.
Riley County 4-H Ambassador Youth Day Camp - Join us for Ambassador Youth Day Camp July 10 and 11. Enjoy a petting zoo, kick ball, crafts, STEM projects, water activities to include a water slide, games and most of all lots of fun and new friends. Open to all youth who will be going into grades 3rd thru 5th. See the attached flyer for more details.
Riley County 4-H Sphero Challenge Course - July 26 from 10 am – 2 pm; Pottorf Hall /Cico Park Are you up to the challenge? Youth will have the opportunity to work in small engineering teams to design their very own SPHERO obstacle course. Lunch and all supplies are provided. See flyer for more details. - Register by July 20. Questions, please call the Riley County Extension Office 785-537-6350 or email John Jobe firstname.lastname@example.org
Build Your Own World Building Creations - Wednesday, July 25 from 5:00-7:00 pm; Pottof Hall/Cico Park Build your creation using, Legos, K’nex, toothpicks, cardboard, etc. and bring them to exhibit. Open to youth and adults. Questions, please call the Riley County Extension Office 785-537-6350 or email John Jobe - email@example.com
- Middle and High School students are invited to spend 3 days, 2 nights on campus at Kansas State University participating in hands-on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) activities led by K-State faculty and staff. We partner with multiple colleges to give your students diverse experiences in understanding STEM career fields, including those in: Agriculture, Arts & Sciences, Human Ecology, Engineering, and Veterinary Medicine.
- Smart Fit Girls is offering an after school program for middle school girls where you'll participate in fun activities that build confidence, self-esteem, and a positive body image.
- June 5 - August 11
- contact Kelsey Casey at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Researcher from Kansas State University's Functional Intensity Training Laboratory (FIT Lab) are conducting research on your opinions regarding a public physical activity event.
- Participants will answer questions regarding their opinions towards their neighborhood environment, their interest in Open Streets events, their current physical activity habits and demographic information
Earth Day and Arbor Day Celebrations at Lazy T Ranch
- Arbor Day Celebration - April 27 - 1 - 4pm
- The Manhattan Spusters 9U Team is looking to add a few more players
- Players cannot turn 10 before May 1st, 2018.
- For more information call, 785-556-5010 or email email@example.com
FIT Closet - critical needs for April/May
Boy’s 3T shorts, Boys 6-6x shorts
Socks low cut all sizes (boys, girls, men, and women)
Sheets –twin, full, queen (no king please) fitted and flat
Towels and washcloths
- Thursday, April 26 from 5 - 8pm
- Manhattan City Park
- Free games, music and food!
- We invite 6th grades and parents/guardians to learn what the Wyldlife Club has to offer
- April 27 - 7pm
- contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-313-0256 to RSVP
- Money basics is a free 4-session workshop to build financial skills and knowledge
- May 8, May 22, June 12, June 26 * 6:30 - 8pm * Harris Activity Center, 530 Poyntz
- Questions? Sign up? email@example.com or 877-376-0032
Weber Youth Basketball Camps @ K-State
- April 28 at 9am
- Sunset Zoo
- Register at walktocurearthritis.org/ManhattanKS
- April 29 * 3 - 5pm
- Pottorf Hall, CiCo Park
- Proceeds benefit the Flint Hills Volunteer Center
Girls on the Run 5K
Join Girls on the Run of the Flinthills for the largest girls' empowerment 5k in the area!
- Equestrian Camp
- June 4 - 7 from 10am - 4pm
- for ages 6 - 16
- Children entering grades 1 - 6
- begins May 30 * 6:30am - 6pm
- 2018 Summer Schedule
- the First Tee wants to impact the lives of young people (ages 5 - 17) by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and program healthy choices through the game of golf
- Register online at www.thefirstteemanhattan.org
- May 5 from 7 - 10pm at City Auditorium
- A student led fundraiser to raise money for Laura Heyd's medical journey. Come out to vote on local talent, donate money, participate in a silent auction and have fun!
- Contact and Audition information
- Presents Our Continuing Journey from Bondage to Freedom -- April 28 @ Wonder Workshop Outback Camp @ Tuttle Creek Lake
- For ages 11+ -- $25/person
- Check out the 2018 Summer Activities through the Wonder Workshop!
- June 1 and 2
- Free for youths ages 8 - 12 who attended a previous clinic
- Youth must enroll - adult required to attend with youth
- A developmental program provided by local volunteers to introduce, teach, and develop kids in the lifelong sport of mountain biking
- Ages 7 - 16
- Contact Jamie Henningson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out what is happening for Summer 2018
- Week of the Young Child Celebration
- Walk for Autism and Special Needs Awareness
- Sunday, April 29 * 11:30am - 1:30pm
- First Presbyterian Church