Wondering about how to get your organization's information to our students/parents?
- USD 383 has created this community events page where we will list opportunities available for kids and families in the Manhattan and Ogden area. Events must be directly related to Kindergarten - grade 12 students and families.
On Wednesdays of each week, we will send an email out to all email addresses we have on file through our website e-notification system with a link to that page so parents can view the opportunities. We will only send this email out one time a week.
Please email a link to your organization's website and information and we will create the link from your information to our website. If the information is not available through a link electronically, email a copy of the flyer/poster in PDF format to Michele Jones at email@example.com or to Tess Riecke at firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesdays at 5pm. Once approved, it will be added to the list of opportunities. We will either link to the flyer/poster you provide or link to a website that you provide.
- We no longer accept paper flyers/posters for events for distribution through our schools. Please do not bring paper flyers/posters to our schools. If flyers are brought to the school, they will be recycled.
- No emails will be sent during the weeks of November 19, December 17, December 24, December 31, March 11. No emails will be sent out during the summer months. The first email for the 2018-2019 school year will be sent on August 22 and the final email for the school year will be sent on May 15th.
Fort Riley Events
- Come to the Manhattan Public Library for fun activities for all ages!
- Looking for a piano teacher for your student? Contact Alaina Keller for more information!
- Parents and students are invited to learn about a study abroad opportunity on Tuesday, Decemeber 18th at 6:30pm.
- Join the MHS Orchestra for their Orchesrtravaganza on Wednesday, December 12th and Thursday, December 13th.
Manhattan Town Center is partnering with Autism Speaks for the third annual “Santa Cares!” event on Sunday, Dec. 9 from 10am to noon. Santa Cares is a sensory-friendly opportunity for children with all spectrums of special needs to enjoy the time-honored tradition of the Santa Photo Experience with their family in a calming environment prior to public hours. Please RSVP in advance by reserving one ticket per group. Tickets are free. Photo packages are available for purchase during the event if you choose to buy them..
- The MHS AFS Club is hosting a fundraiser at Chipotle on Monday, December 10th from 5pm-10pm. All proceeds go towards their spring trip.
- Thursday, December 20th is the annual Operation Santa game. Participants can purchase a "Get-a-Bear, Give-a-Bear" package that come with a GA ticket to the game and pre-game admission where you can make two bears--one to take home, and the other to donate to Fort Riley's operation Santa.
- Young Life and is a non-denominational, non-profit organization that thinks the world of kids in the greater Manhattan. We believe that they deserve to know what life can hold for them. We as Young Life leaders are caring adults who come sharing hope as well as fun and lasting friendships with kids. From club and camp to Campaigners and other activities, teenagers will have blast laughing, trying new things and being with their friends.
- Come on out to the Lazy T Ranch for their 4th annual Country Christmas and Christkindlmarkt on Saturday, December 8th from 10am-4pm.
- This event is for Families of the deployed and Families participating in EFMP, MPSP/PAT and SOS
- Registration deadline is November 16.
- Contact Army Community Services for information and registration - 785-239-9435
- Come on out to the Huston Street Ballroom for the 3rd annual Holiday Shopping on December 8th and 15th from 10am to 4pm.
- December 7, 8 and 9
- Topeka Performing Arts Center
- Tickets available by calling 1-800-745-3000
K-LINK Family Learning Opportunity
- How can families support their children’s literacy from cradle to career? Join one (or all) of three FREE online webinars hosted by the Kansas Parent Information Resource Center. Register here for any or all of the workshops to be presented on Zoom: https://secure.rec1.com/KS/greenbush-ks/catalog
- Click on the “LiNK” tab, and select “KPIRC Webinars”
- To register, you will need to create an account by selecting the “Create Account” icon
- These KPIRC Webinars are free of charge
- Engaging Families in the Joining Process - 3:30 – 4:30 pm - Wednesday, Nov. 28
- Family Literacy Empowering Families as Readers - 3:30 – 4:30 pm - Wednesday, Dec. 5
- Sharing Family Literacy Data - 3:30 – 4:30 pm - Wednesday, Dec. 12
The 17th Annual Mayor’s Spirit of the Holiday’s Lighted Parade will be held on Friday December 7 at 5:30 pm. All entries must incorporate lights and we highly encourage costumes and warm clothing. There will be 6 opportunities to receive an award, so follow the guidelines and get creative!
We are looking for Manhattan area businesses, bicycles, walkers, atvs, youth groups, school clubs, construction industry companies, floats, horses, cars, anyone and everyone who is looking to celebrate the holiday spirit in a fun and creative way.
If you would like to participate, or know someone who would, simply click on the link below for more details and the application. You can fill out the application online or print the form to fill it out. https://downtownmhk.com/2018-holiday-parade/
- On Monday, January 21st, 2019 the Pete Hughes Baseball Camp is hosting a one-day camp for player ages 6-13 years old.
- Check out the awesome opportunities during this fall at the Beach!