Wondering about how to get your organization's information to our students/parents?
- USD 383 has created this community events page where we will list opportunities available for kids and families in the Manhattan and Ogden area. Events must be directly related to Kindergarten - grade 12 students and families.
On Wednesdays of each week, we will send an email out to all email addresses we have on file through our website e-notification system with a link to that page so parents can view the opportunities. We will only send this email out one time a week. We will run the announcement for two weeks before removing it unless the announcement is about a specific event.
Please email a link to your organization's website and information and we will create the link from your information to our website. If the information is not available through a link electronically, email a copy of the flyer/poster in PDF format to Michele Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Tess Riecke at email@example.com by Tuesdays at 5pm. Once approved, it will be added to the list of opportunities. We will either link to the flyer/poster you provide or link to a website that you provide.
- We no longer accept paper flyers/posters for events for distribution through our schools. Please do not bring paper flyers/posters to our schools. If flyers are brought to the school, they will be recycled.
- No emails will be sent during the weeks of November 19, December 17, December 24, December 31, March 11. No emails will be sent out during the summer months. The first email for the 2018-2019 school year will be sent on August 22 and the final email for the school year will be sent on May 15th.
- Check out the activities for April 17-27 at the Manhattan Public Library. For more events, visit
- Come to the Manhattan Public Library to listen and share some poetry on Saturday, April 27 from 2-4 p.m.
Parent Participation Survey
- The Kansas State Board of Education has created a survey to better address the needs of current and future students.The survey asks parents and guardians of children 18 years of age or younger about their current perceptions about various post-high school opportunities. In other words, how do you as a parent or guardian define success for your child?
- Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DJ5HB5T
- Para ayudar a abordar las necesidades de los estudiantes actuales y futuros, el Departamento de educación del estado de Kansas está conduciendo una encuesta a los padres y tutores de los niños de 18 años de edad o menos acerca de sus percepciones actuales sobre diversas oportunidades después de la escuela secundaria/preparatoria. En otras palabras, ¿Cómo define usted como padre o tutor el éxito de su hijo?
- encuesta: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CZD9WCZ
- Check out the summer camps held at K-State Polytechnic
- Students 14 years or older (on or before May 10, 2019) and who will be entering 9th grade in fall 2019 are eligible to take Driver's Education courses this summer. Please read the entire information packet and apply online.
- The camp is open to students grades 4-12 and will cover a variety of interactive topics. Registration is now open.
- Ages 7-14 are welcome to sign up to teach and encourage kids about mountain biking.
- Bellus Academy is holding a beauty camp for students age 14-18 on July 15-17.
- Check out the basketball camp for grades 1-8 held June 24-June 27.
- Students age 5-16 who have experienced a loss are encouraged to attend Club Soar on Saturday, April 27 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the YMCA in Junction City.
2019 Celebration of Service Awards
- We are accepting nominations for Classified Employees of the Year, Substitute Teacher of the Year and Bob Srack Excellence in Teaching Awards.
- Classified Employees of the Year: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7QQMHR6
- Substitute Teacher of the Year: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9C6PYRR
- Bob Srack Excellence in Teaching Awards: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/97HFB2P
- If you're interested in volunteering as a coach/mentor for the First Lego League teams, contact AppleBots37582@gmail.com
- Check out the opportunities for all ages!
- A great event for students interested in trying Triathlons. Event is August 10.
Join Manhattan Track Club! Open to youth, ages 5-18. Current middle and high school track and field athletes are eligible to join at the end of their season. Visit us online: www.manhattantrackclub.com
New School name survey
- If you have a good idea for a name for the new elementary school in the Blue Township area, please submit it on the survey. Names given only on the survey will be considered. All names must be submitted by April 30 and must follow the guidelines.
- Guidelines: http://www.usd383.org/home/showdocument?id=774
- Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WNXWH75
- April is the Month of the Military Child. Join the fun events happening all month long!
- Join the K-State Football team for the youth football camp on June 23. The camp is open to grades 1-8.
- Engineering a Dream is a day camp held on the K-State campus in the Engineering Complex to inspire middle school students to pursue a future in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Check out the awesome opportunities during this spring at the Beach!