Welcome to the Manhattan High West Library Media Center
The mission of the MHS-W Library Media Center is to provide all students with access to information and technology that supports individual abilities and curricular needs. Our staff will support student growth with high quality, efficient, caring service. High expectations for life-long learning will be encouraged, and students will be empowered to cope with future changes in information and technology.
Our vision is to empower all patrons with information literacy to transform teaching and learning. Specifically, we will do the following:
- Address curricular needs and build information literacy through individualized student learning and teacher collaboration.
- Build the current collection and anticipate future information needs.
- Instruct students and staff in the use of software, hardware, and electronic resources.
Meet our staff:
- Gail Hughes and Judy McClendon are our library media specialists. Gail has been leading in this role, as well as serving as our building’s lead tech, since 2002. Judy has been serving in this role since 2017, after teaching English at MHS since 2006. If you have any questions or need assistance, either one of your media specialists can help you—so please ask!
- Sarah Macumber and Kathy Musch are our wonderful library clerks. Kathy has been serving in this role since 1998, and Sarah began as our full-time clerk in 2018. Both library clerks would also be more than happy to help you!
Library Media Center Hours:
- Monday – Friday: 7:20 a.m. – 3:10 p.m.
Websites to help students search and use information
World Book Online - user name and password required - contact librarian to obtain information
Award-Winning Books and Recommendations
Tumble Book Library - user name and password required - contact school librarian for information