Welcome to the Lee Library/Media Center!
Welcome to the Lee Elementary Library! Our goal is to ensure that all students are lifelong readers and can effectively use technology and information. We want the library to be a welcoming place where students can select materials that are exciting and interesting to their personal preferences. We have many materials and sections for students to choose from including: picture books, easy readers, fiction, non-fiction, biographies, and a selection of foreign language books. Students may also visit the library to take Reading Counts tests, use computers to conduct research, or simply to find a place to read or study.
Parents are welcome to checkout books as well, we would love for you to come and visit! Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions regarding your child’s library materials! We are happy to help!
- Kindergarten may check out one book for two weeks
- Grades 1 - 6 may checkout two books for two weeks.
We encourage the Third through Sixth Graders to read books nominated for the William Allen White Award. Books nominated for awards are always good choices. Kindergartners through Second Graders enjoy listening to the books nominated for the Bill Martin, Jr., Award at the beginning of the school year.
- Show RESPECT by using good manners in the library.Be considerate of others’ feelings.Cooperate with all teachers.
- Show RESPONSBILITY responsibility of all materials in the library.When checking out materials accept the responsibility to take care of them and return them on time.
- Show TRUSTWORTHINESS by handling materials carefully so they are not damaged.
- Show CARING by being aware of others’ desire to check out popular materials.
- Show FAIRNESS by getting library materials back on time.
- Show good CITIZENSHIP by helping to make our library a welcoming environment for learning.
We hope you will be able to stop by and see our beautiful library during the school year.
Please call if you have any questions or concerns.
Websites to help students search and use information
World Book Online - user name and password required at home, contact librarian to obtain information
Award Winning Books and Recommendations
Tumble Book Library - user name and password required - contact school librarian for information